Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why Should He Care?

"O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
When I look at your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?"
~ Psalm 8:1, 3-4

In the whole scheme of eternal importance, there is very little that actually matters.  Very little.  In fact, Jesus told Mary, as recorded in Luke 10, that there was only one thing needful - that which Mary had chosen, Himself.  (L.10:42)  But, we serve a God who has exalted man to be a little lower than angels and has given him dominion over creation,  (Ps.8) and our God, our Father, is interested in the smallest details of our lives; for indeed He wrought us and made us who we are to be - right down to our DNA.  
So, why is it that I should marvel that He has returned to me things that don't matter in the eternal scheme of things, but do matter to my heart and soul?  After years of being horse-less, he brought back one of my horses that I'd sold 11 years ago - one of our family favorites, in fact. And he brought back our pony, right along with a beautiful cart and harness.  Just because.  Our Father loves his children, and gives them good gifts - blessings in many forms.  And it all comes back to what really matters, for His goodness to me causes praise to pour from my lips to the glory of His name.  "O Lord, our Lord,  how majestic is your name in all the earth!"

No comments: