Thursday, August 18, 2011

You Alone



My Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of You.

You and You alone know my needs.

You love me more than I am able to love You.
O Father, grant unto me, Your servant, all which I cannot ask.
For a cross I dare not ask, nor for consolation;
I dare only to stand in Your presence.
My heart is open to You.
You see my needs of which I myself am unaware.
Behold and lift me up!
In Your presence I stand,
awed and silenced by Your will and Your judgments,
into which my mind cannot penetrate.
To You I offer myself as a sacrifice.
No other desire is mine but to fulfill Your will.
Teach me how to pray.
Pray You, Yourself, within me.

Amen.

~ Philaret of Moscow

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

AMEN.

Had breakfast with Kelly and Omari ~~
they look so happy.

Praying for you.